A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Analisa DiFeo at the University of Michigan. Dr. Analisa DiFeo is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pathology and Obstetrics & Gynecology at the University of Michigan Medical School. The work in the lab spans the continuum translational research, beginning with an in-depth analysis of patient tumors and progressing to a functional assessment of key genetic drivers of ovarian cancer progression and the development of a novel therapeutic approach to abrogate these drivers to uncover therapies that will improve ovarian cancer patient survival. The lab is innovative, friendly, and well-funded and is looking for highly motivated and passionate individuals to join the team.
The candidate must have a PhD or MD-PhD in a biological science or cancer biology and must a possess excellent writing and verbal skills to be considered for the position. The work requires familiarity with working patient- and mouse-derived 2D and 3D models, proficiency in cellular and molecular biology, and a solid background in tumor biology, miRNA therapeutics. Our research includes work with fresh human tissue specimens as well as mouse and in vitro models. are preferred. Ability to perform high throughput data analyses and immunology background is a plus. Candidates are expected to conduct research independently under the supervision of the PI. Most importantly, candidates must be able to mentor and pilot graduate students, assist in the scientific direction of various projects, write research proposals, prepare manuscripts, and propose new projects as the research dictates.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are examples of typical duties. Other duties may be assigned.
• Data collection, processing and analysis
• Assists faculty researchers and other collaborators, or may act independently, in planning and designing research experiments; establishing priorities and recommending schedules, time tables and costs.
• Presentation of project results to internal and external parties.
• Operates specialized scientific equipment.
• Performs statistical analyses, including selecting the appropriate analysis procedure, setting up data for analysis, judging validity and reliability of data, designing and writing programs to perform analyses, and producing written reports on the result of the analyses.
• Effectively uses available technology to facilitate the success of the project.
• Liaisons with other departments, outside collaborators, and others to ensure success of project.
• Engaged in writing of technical publications and reports.
• Supervise fellows, graduate assistants, or student employees.
• May be responsible for training staff, graduate assistants, or student employees.
In order to apply please email Difeolabpostdoc@umich.edu.